Deze vacaturetekst is alleen in het Engels beschikbaar.
NATIVE DUTCH SPEAKING (assistant/associate) professor
of Department of Dutch
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies,
Seoul, South Korea
(deadline: 7 October 2019)
1. Position: NATIVE DUTCH SPEAKING (assistant/ associate) professor in Area Studies of Belgium (history, politics, economy, culture or society about Belgium)
We expect that he/she:
- is a native Dutch speaker
- is able to teach Belgian Area Studies (history, politics, economy, culture, society etc.) and Dutch language
- helps with Dutch language practices (speaking & writing)
- has a PhD-diploma or a MA-Diploma with teaching experiences of at least 2 years
- is able to publish (at least) one academic article per year.
- helps with administrative work and cultural activities for the department etc.
2. Contract Period: March 1, 2020 – February 28, 2021 (The contract may be extended every 1 year)
3. Teaching Conditions (teaching conditions could be changed)
1) Theory Faculty (teaching theoretical subjects)
In order to be qualified as a member of the Theory Faculty, the faculty member should be either (i) one who has been, by the commencement of employment at the University, a member of a full-time faculty for two years or more at a university or college in the country where the language concerned is spoken, or (ii) one who has a doctoral degree, speaks the standard variety of the language, and is deemed qualified to teach at the University.
Full Professor : 5,236,000 KRW (Korean Currency)
Associate Professor : 4,668,100 KRW
Assistant Professor : 1) 4,082,100 KRW, 2) 3,498,600 KRW
(*Depending on his or her former educational and teaching experiences either 1) or 2) will apply.)
※ The position can be different from the present position in your country.
3) Minimum load of teaching hours
- Theory Faculty should teach a minimum of eight hours a week, of which four hours or more should be at the department/division and/or at the graduate school for which s/he is primarily employed.
※ The faculty member should be present at the University for four days or more each week.
4) Airfare Support : One-way airplane ticket from (departure) to Seoul
(economy class for the faculty member and his/her spouse only)
5) Accommodations : HUFS may support Dormitory for foreign faculty members(single/family size)
※ We do NOT provide someone(or his/her family) who already has a house in Seoul.
More details on Teaching Conditions will be announced after the selection procedure.
4. How to apply:
Candidates should send the following documents prior to Monday 7 October 2019 to Department of Dutch firstname.lastname@example.org TEL: 82 (0)2 2173 2288
5. Required documents
1. Cover Letter (in Dutch)
2. Resume (CV) (in English)
3. Research/publications list (in English) (if applicable)
4. Copy of passport