NATIVE DUTCH SPEAKING (assistant/associate) professor
Department of Dutch, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Seoul, South Korea
I. Position: NATIVE DUTCH SPEAKING (assistant/ associate) professor in Dutch Language/ Dutch Studies / Dutch Area Studies
We expect that he/she
- is a native Dutch speaker
- is able to teach Dutch language, Dutch Culture and Area Studies
- helps with Dutch language practices (speaking & writing)
- helps with the department’s projects regarding Dutch language
- has a PhD-diploma, or a MA-diploma with teaching experiences of at least 4 years
- is able to publish (at least) one academic article per year
- helps with administrative work and cultural activities for the department etc.
II. Contract Period: March 1, 2023 - February 28, 2024 (The contract may be extended every 1 year)
III. How to apply:
Candidates should send the following documents prior to Thursday 17 November 2022 to Department of Dutch, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 82 (0)2 2173 2288
1. Cover Letter (in Dutch)
2. Resume (CV) in English
3. Research/publications list in English (if applicable)
4. Copy of passport
1) Language Faculty (teaching conversational skills)
In order to be qualified as a member of the Language Faculty, the faculty member should be one who has master degree or higher conferred and has more than 2 years full time teaching experience (after the degree) at a university or college in the country where the language concerned is spoken, and who speaks the standard variety of the language, and is deemed qualified to teach at the University. (Research and teaching experience converts in accordance to the ratio table of the personnel regulations of the University.)
2) Minimum load of teaching hours: minimum of twelve hours a week.
*Teaching conditions could be changed.
** More details on Teaching Conditions will be announced after the selection procedure.