The Hankuk University of Foreign Studies in Korea is looking for a Native Dutch Speaking (assistant/associate) Professor in Area Studies of Belgium.
The perfect candidate for this position
- is a native speaker
- is able to teach Belgian Area Studies (history, politics, economy, culture, society etc) and Dutch language
- helps with Dutch language practices (speaking & writing)
- has a PhD-diploma. Or a MA-diploma with teaching experience of at least two years
- is able to publish (at least) one academic article per year.
- helps with administrative work and cultural activities for the department etc.
September 1, 2019 - August 31, 2020
The contract may be extended every 1 year.
- Theory Faculty (teaching theoretical subjects)
In order to be qualified as a member of the Theory Faculty, the faculty member should be either (i) one who has been, by the commencement of employment at the University, a member of a full-time faculty for two years or moreat a university or college in the country where the language concerned is spoken, or (ii) one who has a doctoral degree,speaks the standard variety of the language, and is deemed qualified to teach at the University.
Full Professor : 5,236,000 KRW (Korean Currency)
Associate Professor : 4,668,100 KRW
Assistant Professor : 1) 4,082,100 KRW, 2) 3,498,600 KRW
(*Depending on his or her former educational and teaching experiences either 1) or 2) will
- The position can be different from the present position in your country.
- Minimum load of teaching hours
- Theory Faculty should teach a minimum of eight hours a week, of which four hours or more should be at the department/division and/or at the graduate school for which s/he is primarily employed.
- The faculty member should be present at the University for four days or more each week.
- Airfare Support
One-way airplane ticket from (departure) to Seoul (economy class for the faculty member and his/her spouse only)
HUFS may support Dormitory for foreign faculty members(single/family size)
- We do NOT provide someone (or his/her family) who already has a house in Seoul.
More details on Teaching Conditions will be announced after the selection procedure.
How to apply
Candidates should send the following documents prior to Sunday 12 May 2019 to
Department of Dutch
TEL: 82 (0)2 2173 2288
- Cover Letter (in Dutch)
- Resume (CV) in English
- Research/publications list in English (if applicable)
- Copy of passport